British Triathlon offers a range of support to organisers who deliver permitted events across Britain. Organisers including clubs, charities, local authorities, education establishments and businesses can access support to deliver safe and fair events.
British Triathlon supports organisers to deliver safe and fair events through the provision of an event permitting and support service. Organisers hosting triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon and aquabike events can apply for a permit and access support.
A British Triathlon event permit demonstrates that an event is safe and fair. Through event permitting, organisers can be assured that their event meets a set of national standards. Organisers can also access a range of support including:
- An individual review of their events planning and delivery processes/documentation.
- Event promotion through the British Triathlon Event Search and regular campaigns.
- Insurance for participants (for both members and non-members).
- Opportunities to host regional and national events including GB Age-Group Team Qualifiers and National Championships.
- Guidance, templates and resources to help with planning and delivery.
- Access to Technical and Motorcycle Officials to support on event day.
- Access to regular webinars, providing the opportunity to hear the latest updates from British Triathlon and connect with other organisers.
- Regular e-newsletters and access to the British Triathlon Event Organiser Network peer support group.
British Triathlon do charge fees to organisers for event permitting. However, these fees are used to cover the costs of the service provided and increase the number of participants taking part in the sport through investment in a range of projects and programmes.
If you are an organiser, British Triathlon would love to work with you. Whatever the size and location of your event, British Triathlon are here to support you to deliver a great experience.
For more information please contact British Triathlon by email or telephone on 01509 226 162.